I’m an exotic adventurer disguised as a normal suburbanite in central North Carolina. Okay maybe I’m just a dyslexic with a laptop and a wild imagination. I write books. When not writing or working out, my favorite things are cooking, movies, and of course…. reading. I’m a sports nut and I love a good red Zin.
In my previous lives, I’ve held an interesting array of occupations. I did my time in the corporate world as a project manager, I’ve sold cars, worked as a software testing manager, pumped gas at a truck stop, and I worked in a morgue. I hold a degree in Forensic Anthropology from THE Ohio State University. Love my Buckeyes.
My favorite stories include alpha females in love with even more alpha males. I find the clash of passionate, strong willed personalities fascinating. I write Romantica, and a little science fiction/fantasy, and have just finished my first mainstream thriller. Eric Ruben of the Ruben agency represents my brand of crazy.
Here’s a little list that may help you get to know me.
24 (that’s right. I said 24) things about Mari:
• Functioning Dyslexic
• Totally afraid of the dentist and thunderstorms
• The house is overrun by three cats and Oldie Goldie and a giant puppy
• Loves roller coasters
• A truck is more comfortable than a sports car
• Have a degree in Forensic Anthropology
• First on the travel wish list— Scotland
• Red wine, rather than white
• Worked in a morgue as an intern
• Football junkie
• Collects shot glasses from all over the world
• Once enjoyed a $100 shot of tequila
• Filet, rare – no sauces, if you please
• Loves all things made from or covered with cherries
• Has a strange desire to learn to sword fight (Update: now have the Sword)
• A crack shot
• Will never willingly have short hair
• If the high heels aren’t bad enough, there’s the collection of custom made cowboy boots
• Don’t sing very well, but I sing often.
• Spent a month camping on the beach in the Virgin Islands and three weeks camping in the Rocky Mountains
• Completely addicted to quirky pens and pencils
• Not afraid to be a woman, even in a man’s world
• Favorite holiday – Halloween/Samhain
• The red hair should be taken as a warning
If there’s anything else you’re dying to know, just ask. Unless it puts my meager bank account or my quirky mind at risk, I’ll likely answer.